Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Time.. is not on my hands.

I have this little nagging feeling that I took more Hay on my pitchfork than I can carry… Wuxia Pian is coming along great; I am very busy with filling in temporal templates for the 3 demo decks to try out. The names and numbers are all ready, the template for the Combat cards is ready, and it is all a matter of filling the numbers and making some PDF´s to put up for download… The truth is, being a father and husband with a full time job takes away a looooot of my free time, more than I had anticipated before we chose to get a child. Most of my free time is spend with my son and wife, placing work I can do on Wuxia Pian to the free minutes in-between diaper changes and quick naps on the sofa.

I am now fully aware that this project will take a much longer time than originally planned. This is not a problem for me, but I think it will be a strain on my creativity and stamina to keep up with the game, and not get “fed-up” with it. I am thinking about getting some help from people on the net for Template design (the final graphical template) because I think that will be a big hurdle for me to cross. I can design it myself, but it will take too long I think..

I know for sure if the Wuxia Pian game is finished, the next game I will design will be of a much smaller scale.

So, where are we at?

The cost matrix for all 5 different warrior types is finished, and I think I am far enough to be able to make a list of things still to do, without being too long to read, haha:

Creating good names for combat cards, not so corny like they are in the demo decks
Finish the demo decks and place it online for download.
Create the “final” rulebook with lore and card anatomy for download.
Get started on the final templates or ask for help to do it.
Determine the final size of the set and distribution.
Get all the Wuxia Pian films I can get my hands on for pictures.
Play test more and more.
Make plug in for Lackey.
Make free to play downloads (print and play) available.
Play the game!

Maybe I should indeed include more people to help.. this list will take forever to finish, and I am afraid interests might have gone off to another direction..

No comments:

Post a Comment