Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Rules

The writing of the rulebook was actually a lot easier than I thought. I just took a .doc copy of the WOW rulebook (since the structure more or less applied to my rules) and slowly started to overwrite all the WOW rules with my rules.

Daily updates and fixing took me about a year to get to this. Since I am not a native english speaker, I am sure some weird sentences will be there, and a few typos.. I will let a professional typewriter look it over for the final form, but feel free to point me to my omgfailNUB english skills.. :P


http://www.freewebs.com/sccards/Wuxia%20Pian%20game%20_v1.0_.pdf

You can download the PDF here, but a heed of warning:

1. The rules are still NOT finished. as always, minor corrections and additions are constantly being done.
2. Its very basic text, no graphical goodies and card examples yet, that is because I am still in the creating cards phase.. finishing the graphical rulebook will be about the last thing I will do..
3. (c) 2008 copyright by me, marcel matijssen, please dont use anything from the rulebook without my permission.

Feel free to comment on it, and leave me a message through:
wuxiapiangame@gmail.dom
marmatone@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. One little trick that I use to make sure the rules are coming along properly is think of a few cards that you want to make. Then you should build the rules around them. This also allows you to test the rules, since the rules can sound like they make sense, but they become incredibly confusing once you try to actually implement them.

    ReplyDelete